English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Friday, October 16, 2009

These days and "YOU"

This poem carries a different view from Anish's poem "These days and I"....actually I read his poem but cudn't cum to terms with all his views....so I decided I wud rather potray my own views through this poem!


You need to grow up sometime
But you can't let it go!
You can't forget the past you left
No matter how much you grow.

Time does flow like a river tide,
And you are a voyager with no one to guide,
So look for a land, with hope in your heart,
'Live in your times' and try to be smart.

But, you cant let go
The ordeals of past
The experiences you gathered
To align the mast.
So 'sing your songs'
And of Dylan alike
For what is good,
You have right to like.



Its not all guts
That makes you a man
Don't go by your impulse
But make a plan

Its easier to say than 'asking her out'
Hold back and think twice if you have a doubt.
Love is not war that you'll have to fight
Just wait and watch, it'll come to you right!!

Love is a friendship
That changes its form
It happens with a few
Its not a norm.
So 'damn your doubts'
Is utterly bullshit
Hope u got my point
And caught the drift.


What does 'straight' means
In generation x??
Your sexual bent, or,
y equals mx??

If you're not straight, the boys get nerved!!
What do u expect them, to call you "curved"???
They would laugh and rather say
If you're not straight, you're "gay"!!

Call them homophobes
Or whatever you like!!
They'd like a 'girl'
On the back of their bike.
They'll act as dude
Like Tony Montana
They'll curse you out,
But watch DOSTANA!!

4 comments:

eddie October 16, 2009 at 5:08 AM  

What does 'straight' means
In generation x??
Your sexual bent, or,
y equals mx??

the best lines in terms of humour.... :D good work...loved it nd enjoyed it thoroughly....

Anonymous,  October 16, 2009 at 9:35 PM  

nice,very nice....probably ur best post....enjoyed reading.,..write more often from now on....

Soumya October 16, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

thnx guys...will try to writ more often!!

SRK...wlk aln in rain April 28, 2011 at 10:21 PM  

good going...great sense of humour..keep it up and do post many more....

Post a Comment

Please Leave yor valuable comment here :

Bookmark and Share
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitor number

Users Online

About This Blog

This blog, like any other blogs, is a means of communicating my inner thoughts, my expressions. Here I intend to write incidents and articles that I might like to share with my friends or relatives. This blog is my endeavour to communicate with the world and spread my thoughts through the web.

About me

My name is Soumya Banerjee. I study in Meghnad Saha Institute of Technology, Comp Sc engineering, 3rd yr. I am kinda introvert guy, generally polite and calm, with a lathergic body but lively heart. In all, I'm just a normal guy who loves to live to the utmost!!
e-mail me

  © Blogger template by 2009

Back to TOP